Have you seen those photo ops called “this is my bag check”? Since I rarely go away these days, there is little point in doing my purse. Maybe it will be more exciting post-Covid.
But I do use this belt bag or fanny pack every day. I strap it on for hiking, to carry all my essentials. I used to keep these items in the many pockets of my parka, but with the changing seasons I kept changing coats and forgetting something.
So what do I take with me?
- Poop bags-important on every outing!
- House and car keys.
- Face mask-a Covid essential.
- Pepper spray-I never go on a hike without it since our scary run in with loose dogs. Encounter With Loose Dogs, Gone Bad
- Tissues-I spared you those in the photo. Good to have when applying pressure to a wound, as well as the usual uses.
- Cell phone-not pictured because I was using it to take the photo. Also useful for accessing maps, tracking distance, and as a compass.
Is there something unusual you never leave home without? Inquiring minds want to know.
2 thoughts on “This Is My Bag Check!”
You should always carry ID as well as any medical info, like blood type, etc.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good point! I do have an ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact in my phone. Hadn’t thought about blood type.