I came up with a new recipe this evening. I call them Mexican Egg Rolls. They were delicious. Gather the following ingredients.
- Fresh garlic, minced
- Onions, diced
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, small amount of thyme
- Green Cabbage, finely shredded
- Fresh Spinach, finely shredded
- Pepper – green, red, orange, or yellow, diced
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
- Large burrito wrappers
- Cut up shrimp, chicken, pork, or bacon
Saute garlic in preheated oil til golden brown (about 30 seconds to one minute). Add the diced pepper and saute one more minute. Add the cabbage and spices and continue cooking until slightly wilted but still crisp. Add the spinach and cook for a minute more. Remove the cabbage mixture from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Put a generous amount of cabbage mixture in a burrito wrapper. Top with minced onion, Cheddar cheese, and your choice of meat. Or leave the meat off for a vegetarian version. Roll like burritos or egg rolls.
Heat a small amount of oil in a non-stick pan. Place the rolls in the skillet and cook briefly on all four sides until nicely golden brown. The cabbage inside will still be slightly crunchy.
Serve and enjoy. These are good with sour cream.